Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daily Goals

Daily Goals:

Talk to TWO strangers, not at work, for at least 30 seconds. Tell them a story about something that just happened
Head to the gym right after work, Shoulders and Traps day
Get Brittany over to my house. Looking outside logistics aren't working in my favor at all. If Brittany doesn't come over, come home and write a journal on Chilltowns adventure Saturday night.
Reflect on these goals around 10pm w / o brittany here, 11 with brittany here.

Talked to two strangers yesterday, went fantastic. First one was at the train station I always go to every morning, I complimented how the weather sucked and she agreed, I told her she probably wasn't wearing the right footwear for the cold. I then got talking about how it would be fun to snowboard, and she laughed and agreed. I then proceeded to cold read her and say she looks like a skier, and she said I was right. I could have transitioned into the story of me in grade 9 when I went Skiing and pizza'd my way down the hill because I didn't know how to ski. The second stranger I talked to at the train station on the way home, he got talking about how his car was impounded and he didn't wanna drive it back. I tended to lean back and let him do most of the talking and I just lead the conversation. I realized today that I don't have to do most of the talking; once they realize that I'm not a threat they'll do most of the talking I just have to lead them in a direction. I noticed in Mystery's series The Pickup Artist at one point when Matt is day gaming, a point where he initiated a chat with a girl and she was interested, she turned slightly towards him for a second where he should have re initiated the chat but just as quickly as she turned to him, she turned away. He had less than a second to initiate a conversation with her and he didn't. I can pick up on these moments when I'm talking to people and I should be initiating when I sense one. Another thing I learned yesterday is my sence of humor goes through the roof when I deliever the lines with the straightest look on my face.

I headed to the gym right after I was done work to work on my Shoulders and Traps. I also ran for 10 minutes beforehand on my toes, my calves are killing me right now.

One of my goals that I notice I didnt get done is write a journal on Chilltown's adventure Saturday night. I've found myself slacking on my field reports lately; I'm not sure if it's because I don't understand the significance of them or if its the fact that I should be doing them right after the event so my head is the most clear it can possibly be. My new goal is to write a field report the next morning, every morning. I'm definately the best writer when I first wake up after a good shower, for sure. Finally found my element. I find I get distracted really easily when a shitload of my friends are on Facebook or Skype, it's very easy for me to get distracted from writing and I have no general motivation to do so.

As for the reflection, tonight when I come home I'll write a quick summary of my goals and proceed to write a full report tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment